WEST DES MOINES, Iowa – Regional grocery retailer, Hy-Vee, has voluntarily recalled six meat and potato products across its eight-state region due to possible Salmonella and Listeria monocytogenes contamination.
Hy-Vee discovered the potential for contamination when its supplier, McCain Foods announced it was recalling its caramelized mushrooms and fire-roasted tomatoes, ingredients used in the six Hy-Vee meat and potato products.
Hy-Vee is recalling the following products from all of its stores:
- Hy-Vee Bacon Wrapped Cowgirl Chicken Grillers – 8 oz. each UPC Code 023092600000
- Hy-Vee Fire Roasted Tomato, Spinach, Mozzarella Twice Baked Potato – 5 oz. each UPC Code 023755400000
- Hy-Vee Cowgirl Chicken Griller Patty – 6 oz. each UPC Code 023100200000
- Hy-Vee Gourmet Steakhouse Mushroom & Swiss Burger – 6 oz. each UPC Code 023168400000
- Hy-Vee Ground Beef Sliders Mushroom & Swiss – 2 oz. each UPC Code 023164300000
- Hy-Vee Ground Beef Sliders Mushroom & Swiss – 12 count, 30 oz. UPC Code 023266600000
All impacted products have a “Best If Used By” date of Oct. 22, 2018, or sooner.
Customers who purchased any of these products with these dates should not consume them. Customers are being asked to discard these items or return them to their local Hy-Vee store for a full refund.
Consumers with questions may contact Hy-Vee Customer Care representatives 24 hours a day, seven days a week at 1-800-772-4098.