WASHINGTON — On Oct. 31, red meat and butter stocks were higher than year-earlier levels, but poultry, cheese, fruit and vegetable stocks were lower, according to the USDA.
Frozen turkey stocks totaled 407,167,000 lbs., down 20 percent from September and down 1 percent from October 2010. Total chicken stocks were 695,495,000 lbs., up 4 percent from September but down 5 percent from October 2010. Total frozen poultry stocks were 1,106,182,000 lbs., down 7 percent from September and down 4 percent from the previous year, USDA said.
Frozen red meat supplies totaled 928,223,000 lbs., down 2 percent from September but up 1 percent from October 2010. Frozen pork stocks totaled 490,695,000 lbs., down slightly from 491,910,000 lbs. the previous month but up 2 percent from October 2010. Frozen pork-belly stocks were 8,611,000 lbs., down 7 percent from September and down 63 percent from October 2010. Beef stocks in freezers totaled 414,215,000 lbs., down 3 percent from September and down slightly from 414,647,000 lbs. in October 2010.
|Enhance your industry IQ
Sign up for our free newsletters to stay informed on each day’s news and trends