OTTAWA, ONTARIO – The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) added more products to a recall of deli meats made by Lasalle, Quebec-based Levitts Foods Inc. The company recalled certain Compliments brand, Levitts brand and The Deli-Shop brand deli meat products from stores due to possible Listeria monocytogenes contamination.
CFIA said there has been one reported illness that may be associated with the consumption of these products.
In November, Levitts Foods recalled its Compliments brand Smoked Beef Pastrami. All of the affected items were sold in the provinces of Alberta, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Quebec and possibly nationwide.
The items (brand, product, size, UPC and codes) subject to the recall are:
- Compliments Montreal-Style Smoked Meat 175 g 0 68820 13357 5 BEST BEFORE 2020/DE/11 EST 48
- Compliments Smoked Beef Pastrami 175 g 0 68820 13360 5 BEST BEFORE 2020/DE/11 EST 48
- Compliments Corned Beef 175 g 0 68820 13356 8 BEST BEFORE 2020/DE/11 EST 48
- Levitts Corned Beef 150 g 8 82756 72084 1 BEST BEFORE 2020/DE/23 EST 48
- Levitts Montreal Style Smoked Meat 150 g 8 82756 71084 2 BEST BEFORE 2020/DE/23 EST 48
- Levitts New York Style Pastrami 150 g 8 82756 73084 0 BEST BEFORE 2020/DE/23 EST 48
- The Deli-Shop Sliced Pastrami 175 g 0 59749 95373 3 BEST BEFORE 2020/DE/11 EST 48
- The Deli-Shop Sliced Pastrami 2 x 175 g 0 68820 13360 5 BEST BEFORE 2020/DE/11 EST 48
Test results triggered the recall, CFIA said. The CFIA food safety investigation is ongoing and may lead to the recall of other products. The agency is verifying that industry is removing the recalled products from the marketplace.