MIAMI – Burger King Holdings Inc announced many key changes to its senior management team.
Effective immediately, the following executives have been appointed to their respective new roles, all based in Miami:
- Jonathan Fitzpatrick, executive vice president, Global Operations. He was previously senior vice president of operations, Europe, Middle East and Africa.
- Heitor Goncalves, executive vice president, chief information and performance officer. He worked previously for Ambev and InBev, where he served in multiple strategic roles, including corporate development and logistics.
- Greg Ryan, executive vice president, president of Latin America and the Caribbean. Ryan has extensive fast-food experience including being a McDonald’s franchise owner in Brazil.
- Daniel Schwartz, executive vice president, deputy chief financial officer. Schwartz was most recently a partner at 3G Capital and will partner closely with Ben Wells, the company’s executive vice president and chief financial officer.
- Jose Tomas, executive vice president, chief human resources and communications officer. Tomas was previously vice president of human resources.
- Steve Wiborg, executive vice president, president of North America. Wiborg joins the company from Heartland Food Corporation, one of the Burger King system’s largest franchise operators, where he served as president and chief executive officer.
The following executives will continue to serve on the senior management team:
- Anne Chwat, executive vice president, general counsel and corporate secretary, a position she has held since September 2004. Chwat will also continue to serve as president of the Have It Your Way Foundation, the Burger King system’s philanthropic arm. She will remain based in Miami.
- Natalia Franco, executive vice president, global chief marketing officer, a role she has held since April 2010. Prior to joining the company, Franco served as vice president, global marketing and innovation for The Coca-Cola Company, where she was responsible for all cross-functional marketing efforts for the McDonald’s Division. Franco will remain based in Miami.
- Peter Tan, executive vice president, president of Asia Pacific, a position he has held since November 2005. Prior to joining the company, Tan served as corporate senior vice president and president of Greater China for McDonald’s Corporation. Tan will remain based in Singapore.
- Ben Wells, executive vice president, chief financial officer, a role he has held since April 2006. From May 2005 to April 2006, Wells served as the company’s senior vice president, treasurer. Wells will remain based in Miami.
The company is near finalizing a selection for the executive vice president, president of Europe, Middle East and Africa.
As a result of these appointments, the company also announced the departure of Gladys DeClouet-Mims, senior vice president, US and Canada company operations; Chuck Fallon, executive vice president, president North America; Kevin Higgins, executive vice president, president Europe Middle East and Africa; Julio Ramirez, executive vice president global operations; Peter Smith, executive vice president, chief human resources officer; Raj Rawal, senior vice president, chief information officer; and Amy Wagner, senior vice president, investor relations and global communications.
Bernardo Hees has previously been named CEO of the company, and Alex Behring, managing partner of 3G Capital, has previously been named co-chairman of the Board of the Company, alongside John Chidsey, formerly chairman and CEO.