“We love that Facebook is giving their 2 billion active monthly users access to real-world experiences like food ordering, and are proud to be the first national pizza brand on board,” said Brandon Rhoten, Global CMO of Papa John’s.
With this new integrated ordering feature, Papa John’s continues to provide digital options to its customers.
“Our goal is to meet Papa John’s customers wherever they are,” said Mike Nettles, Chief Information and Digital Officer at Papa John’s. “This is core to our strategy for simple, easy ordering for our guests.”
According to the company, it was the first national pizza chain:
• with digital ordering at all of its US delivery restaurants in 2001;
• to offer system wide mobile ordering with SMS text in 2007;
• to launch a nationwide digital rewards program in 2010, Papa Rewards;
• to offer gift cards that can be used on mobile devices;
• to surpass 60 percent of total US sales via digital channels; and
• to launch a custom Apple TV ordering app.