Calling it the company’s “Restaurant of the Future” Boston Pizza aims to use the store as a showcase of a new contemporary design and the latest in ordering and payment technology. The restaurant, located on Front & John in Toronto, represents the first of 15 new openings of Boston Pizza restaurants in Canada’s urban markets this year.
Highlights of the updated concept include:
- Modular seating that can be scaled to accommodate groups of every size;
- A separate entrance for pick-up and grab-and-go orders;
- Contemporary exteriors that increase brand visibility through cleaner lines and glaze windows;
Boston Pizza also plans to pilot new order and payment technologies at the urban flagship. Features intended to upgrade the customer experience include:
- Pay-at-table technology using the MyBP app;
- DineTime app that allows customers to view wait times at all Boston Pizza locations, get on a waiting list or book reservations; and
- Courtesy phone charging outlets with USP ports located at table and bars throughout the restaurant.
“Front and John is our first truly urban flagship restaurant and we believe there is a big opportunity for Boston Pizza to expand within downtown markets,” Alan Howie, executive vice president, Operations & Development, said in a statement.
“Many families live in downtown centers, in condos, and are looking for family-friendly restaurants that have something for everyone. In addition, urban areas are natural hubs for those interested in enjoying sporting events. Our dual concept of distinct and approachable sports bar and dining room under one roof is the perfect option.”