OTTAWA, Ontario – An IGA location in Port McNeill, British Columbia, launched a recall of ground meat and meat products due to the possible presence of metal shavings in the meat, the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) reported.
The items subject to recall are of variable sizes with ‘best before’ dates of Oct. 16 and Oct. 17. The affected items include:
- IGA Extra Lean Ground Beef, UPC starting with 200117
- IGA Lean Ground Beef, UPC starting with 200089
- IGA Family Pack Lean Ground Beef, UPC starting with 200115
- IGA Lean Ground Pork, UPC starting with 200091
- IGA Seasoned Meatballs, UPC starting with 200727
CFIA is conducting a food safety investigation, which could lead to the recall of other products. There have been no reports of illnesses associated with the consumption of the products.