CHICAGO – More than 2,300 exhibitors and 50,000 attendees are expected at this year’s Pack Expo International in Chicago Nov. 6-9, according to PMMI, The Association for Packaging and Processing Technologies. The show will be co-located with Pharma Expo, a joint venture with the International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering (ISPE) at McCormick Place. The four-day event will span more than 1.2 million net sq. ft. of exhibit space.
“We are expecting the 2016 installment of Pack Expo and Pharma Expo to break records across the board. The size of the show, the number of exhibiting companies and total attendance are all projected to surpass past shows,” said Jim Pittas, PMMI, senior vice president, trade shows. “We are projecting the number of exhibiting companies to grow at least 19 percent from the 2014 show, providing attendees the opportunity to forge strong business relationships through face-to-face interaction with industry leaders. No other show in North America will offer the depth and breadth of solutions providers like Pack Expo and Pharma Expo.
“Pack Expo International and Pharma Expo is where companies come to introduce the industry’s latest processing and packaging advances,” Pittas said. “Having more than 20 vertical markets represented allows for an unsurpassed showcase of production solutions, unavailable in any other setting.”
In addition to the trade show, there will be numerous learning opportunities at the show’s Innovation Stages located on the show floor. There will be four separate stages hosting 30-minute seminars on various technologies conducted by exhibitors and other leaders in the industry. There will be additional learning opportunities at:
- The Reusables Learning Center, sponsored by the Reusable Packaging Association, where attendees can learn about integrating reusables into the supply chain, thus maximizing profits and sustainability simultaneously.
- The Beverage Cooler lounge, hosted by the International Society of Beverage Technologists and sponsored by BEUMER Group, a networking and learning center for the beverage industry.
- The Baking & Snack Break lounge, hosted by B&CMA (Biscuit & Cracker Manufacturers’ Association), where attendees from the baking and snack industry can gather and meet with subject matter experts.
- The Candy Bar lounge, hosted by NCA (National Confectioners Association), a dedicated area for attendees in the confectionery industry to recharge, network and gather timely industry information.
- The Showcase of Packaging Innovations, sponsored by The Dow Chemical Company, where attendees can view award-winning packaging from around the globe.
Register for Pack Expo International 2016 online at www.packexpointernational.com. Registration is $30 through Oct. 14, when it increases to the on-site fee of $100.
Pack gives Back
Pack Gives Back, a special reception and event featured annually at Pack Expo, will benefit No Greater Sacrifice (NGS), an organization dedicated to providing support to the children of the nation’s fallen and wounded service members. This year’s event will feature the magician and entertainer duo of Penn and Teller. The event is being held exclusively for attendees of Pack Expo International and Pharma Expo on Monday, Nov. 7, in the Grand Ballroom in the South Building of McCormick Place for an additional $75 fee.
DuPont Packaging and Rockwell Automation have committed to title-level co-sponsorships for the Pack Gives Back event.
NGS delivers scholarships and resources to improve the quality of life for children of fallen and wounded military personnel through the pursuit of higher education.
Tickets for Pack Gives Back are only available to registered Pack Expo International and Pharma Expo 2016 attendees and exhibitors, and can be purchased through the registration portal at www.packexpointernational.com. Cost is $75 per person for admission and the reception. The doors will open at 4:30 p.m. and the performance begins at 5:30 p.m.
- Nov. 6-9, McCormick Place, Chicago
- Sunday, Nov. 6 – 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Monday, Nov. 7 – 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Tuesday, Nov. 8 – 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 9 – 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.