WASHINGTON — As of May 31, frozen stocks of turkey and pork were greater than year-earlier levels, the U.S. Department of Agriculture said in its latest Cold Storage report.

Turkey stocks were 585,661,000 lbs, up 2% from April 2009 and up 12% from May 2008. Total chicken stocks were 641,456,000 lbs, down 3% from the previous month and down 15% from the previous year. Overall, total frozen poultry supplies were 1,232,079,000 lbs, equal to levels in April but down 4% from May 2008, the U.S.D.A. said.

Total red meat supplies were 1,025,339,000 lbs, down 2% from April and equal to levels from the previous year. Total frozen beef stocks were 414,259,000 lbs, up 1% from the previous month but down 1% from the previous year. Frozen pork stocks totaled 584,136,000 lbs, down 5% from April 2009 but up 1% from the previous year. Frozen pork belly stocks were 79,139,000 lbs, down 1% from April 2009 and down 9% from May 2008.