WASHINGTON – On Feb. 28, total frozen poultry supplies were up 4 percent from the previous month and up 6 percent from a year ago, according to the National Agricultural Statistics Service (NASS), Agricultural Statistics Board, US Department of Agriculture (USDA).Total stocks of chicken increased slightly from from one month earlier and jumped 8 percent from last year. Meanwhile, total pounds of turkey in freezers increased 15 percent from last month and 4 percent from Feb. 28, 2014.

Total red meat supplies in freezers climbed 8 percent from the previous month and increased 12 percent from last year. But total pounds of beef in freezers were up only slightly from the previous month while up 20 percent from last year.

Frozen pork supplies increased 15 percent from January’s total and 5 percent from last year. Although stocks of pork bellies were up 27 percent from last month, they decreased 23 percent from last year.