GREENSBORO, NC. – In a survey conducted among The Fresh Market’s guests, more than half (53%) indicated they will do more cooking this holiday season than last year and host smaller gatherings. Seventy percent said they plan to host between two and eight people.
“The Fresh Market has become a go-to destination for restaurant quality meals, particularly during this unprecedented time,” said Dan Portnoy, chief merchandising officer at The Fresh Market. “We are thrilled to be able to offer our guests a range of ready-to-heat holiday meals and party platters to make their celebrations extraordinary and fit gatherings of all socially distanced sizes.”
For holiday meals, The Fresh Market offers five different options of complete, ready-to-heat holiday meals that range in size to accommodate gatherings of all sizes. New this year is the Ultimate Holiday Meal and the Essential Ham Meal.
Here is what is included with each offering:
- Ultimate Holiday Meal, serves 12-14 guests ($159.99): Includes a 10- to 12-lb fully-cooked Turkey, 3.5 lbs of Boneless Sliced Ham, 4 lbs of Yukon Gold Whipped Potatoes, 3 lbs of Traditional Herb Stuffing, 30 oz Homestyle Turkey Gravy, 2 lbs of Corn Souffle, 2 lbs of Green Bean Medley, 16 oz of Cranberry Relish with Walnuts, 24 Golden Dinner Rolls and a Colonial Apple Pie.
- Traditional Holiday Meal, Serves 8-10 guests ($79.99): Includes a 10- to 12-lb fully-cooked Turkey, 30 oz of Homestyle Turkey Gravy, 3 lbs of Traditional Herb Stuffing, 3 lbs of Yukon Gold Whipped Potatoes, 16-oz Cranberry Relish with Walnuts and 12 Golden Dinner Rolls.
- Essential Holiday Meal, Serves 3–5 guests ($59.99): Includes a 2.5-lb fully-cooked Turkey Breast, 30 oz of Homestyle Turkey Gravy, 2 lbs of Traditional Herb Stuffing, 2 lbs of Yukon Gold Whipped Potatoes, 1-lb Green Bean Medley, and 8-oz Cranberry Relish with Walnuts.
- Holiday Ham Meal, Serves 8-10 guests ($89.99): Includes a 9-lb Spiral Sliced Honey Ham, 2.5 lbs of White Cheddar Scalloped Potatoes, 2.5 lbs of Green Bean Medley, 2.5 lbs of Roasted Butternut Squash with Pecans and Cranberries, 16-oz Cranberry Relish with Walnuts and 12 Golden Dinner Rolls.
- Essential Ham Meal, Serves 3–5 guests ($59.99): Includes a 3.5-lb Boneless Sliced Ham, 1.5 lbs of White Cheddar Scalloped Potatoes, 1.5 lbs of Butternut Squash with Pecans and Cranberries, 1.5 lbs of Green Bean Medley and 8-oz Cranberry Relish with Walnuts.
The complete holiday meals can be ordered online beginning Oct. 28 through Nov. 21 at 2 p.m. EST and then picked up in-store or via curbside service on Nov. 23 - 26. Guests can also order their meals à la carte in case they prefer a standing rib roast or beef tenderloin to turkey or want to mix and match side dishes.
In addition to classic holiday entrées, The Fresh Market also has a few new offerings for those having a smaller gathering or looking to try something new this year:
- Turducken: Handmade in-store and consists of a boneless duck breast stuffed inside a boneless chicken breast stuffed inside a boneless turkey breast. It is also packed with garlic and herb dressing and Andouille sausage throughout for even more flavor. Check out this Turducken with Bourbon and Thyme Gravy recipe for our favorite way to serve it.
- Holiday Turkey Pie: Only available at The Fresh Market, the Holiday Turkey Pie contains all the traditional Thanksgiving foods in one. It combines layers of turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy and cranberries into a flaky crust for a mouthful of Thanksgiving in every bite.
- Turkey Roulade: The Fresh Market’s savory turkey roulade features a flavorful apple stuffing and is perfect for those who do not want to roast a whole turkey this year.
The Fresh Market also has more than 50 different made-in-store party platters to help simplify small gatherings or make Thanksgiving breakfast a little easier. Guests can choose from a variety of platters including artisan cheese plates, continental breakfast, flavorful salads, fresh shrimp cocktail or oysters and even international fare like the Mediterranean inspired Falafel Pita platter.
Signature items and perennial best-selling platters include fruit and crudité because of their freshness and prep time as well as Roasted Chicken Salad on freshly baked croissants, Take & Bake Brie (available in Apricot Almond, Raspberry Almond and Strawberry Walnut), Roasted Buffalo Chicken Dip in a sourdough boule, fresh fruit tart and gourmet cakes exclusive to The Fresh Market like the Triple Chocolate Truffle Cake.