WASHINGTON — Publix Super Markets Inc. announced a recall of 29 beef products that may contain Escherichia coli O26, the US Dept. of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced on Aug. 30. There was an undetermined amount of beef when FSIS released the warning.
The beef products were purchased by consumers between June 25 and July 31, 2018. The meat was sold in 24 Florida counties.
“Food safety is our top priority. We have been working closely with various federal agencies as we share the common goal of maintaining food safety and public health,” Publix spokeswoman Maria Brous said in a statement.
Brous also said customers should dispose of the product or bring it to a Publix store for a refund.
The FSIS was notified of an E. coli O26 illnesses investigation on Aug. 16.
The epidemiological investigation identified 18 case-patients, predominantly from Florida, with illness dates from July 5 to July 25, 2018. The source for the illness has not been determined.
The list of suspected products includes:
- Bacon and cheddar burgers
- Bacon and cheddar meatballs
- Bacon and cheddar slider
- Bacon and fried onion burgers
- Bacon and fried onion meatballs
- Bacon and fried onion sliders
- Badia seasoned ground chuck burgers
- Blue cheese burgers
- Blue cheese meatballs
- Blue cheese sliders
- Ground chuck
- Ground chuck burgers
- Ground chuck for chili
- Ground chuck for meat loaf
- Ground chuck sliders
- Jalapeño and cheddar sliders
- Jalapeño and cheddar burgers
- Jalapeño and cheddar meatballs
- Meat loaf grillers
- Mesquite seasoned ground chuck burgers
- Montreal seasoned chuck burgers
- Seasoned meatloaf (oven ready)
- Spanish meatballs
- Steakhouse seasoned ground chuck burger
- Stuffed peppers (oven ready)
- Stuffed pimento cheese burger
- Swiss and mushroom burgers
- Swiss and mushroom meatballs
- Swiss and mushroom sliders