IRVINE, Calif. – Taco Bell Corp. is heading into 2017 with a slate of commitments aimed at modernizing the brand.
“Taco Bell is welcoming the next 365 days with commitments that reflect more of what its fans want, less of what they don’t and build on its momentum of being a modern brand that’s current, creative and has a cause,” the company said in a news release. The company also is developing a Purpose Report, which the company said will give consumers a closer look at causes that are important to the Taco Bell brand.
New Year’s resolutions for the subsidiary of Yum! Brands Inc. include:
- Removing all antibiotics important to human medicine from its chicken served in US restaurants;
- Removing preservatives and other additives where possible from the company’s food by 2018 across its US restaurants;
- Tossing its XL soda cups;
- Expanding its commitment to cage-free whole eggs to include 100 percent cage-free egg ingredients across the core menu so that its creamy sauces will be made with cage-free egg ingredients by Jan. 1, 2018;
- Further reductions in sodium by an additional 10 percent for a 25 percent reduction across the company’s menu;
- Restaurant concepts that reduce energy consumption and feature more reclaimed materials and sustainable landscape features; in addition to transitioning to environmentally friendly packaging; and
- Creating 100,000 jobs by 2022, and continuing to support Taco Bell employees with training and education programs.