AUSTIN, Minn. – Fifty-nine suppliers recently received Hormel Foods Corporation’s 2012 Spirit of Excellence Award for their roles in the company’s continuous improvement process throughout the last year. Suppliers honored are include contractors, pork procurement, provisions, ingredients, packaging and transportation.
“The Hormel Foods Spirit of Excellence Award program recognizes the suppliers that truly go above and beyond, making an impact on our business,” said Melanie Faust, director of purchasing at Hormel Foods. “We’re honored to partner with these distinguished suppliers.”
To qualify for the Spirit of Excellence Award, honored suppliers maintained a minimum supplier rating index score of 92 throughout a 12-month period. The score is calculated by using a universal measurement system that began in 1990 to ensure each supplier is held to the same standards. Criteria for the awards include meeting performance requirements, making on-time deliveries and providing high-level customer support.
Award winners include:
• Engineering – AJ Lysne Contracting Corporation, Allweather Roof, East Penn Manufacturing, Environmental Land Management LLC, Fehr Solutions LLC, Fox Electric, Gleeson Constructors & Engineers LLC, Hyster Company, The Joseph Company Inc., Kestner Electric Inc., KOFAB, Lou Rich, Inc., Multivac Inc., Rockwell Automation Inc., Superior Companies of Minnesota Inc., Van Meter Industrial and Werner Electric Supply and Wolf-tec Inc.
• Procurement – New Fashion Pork LLP, David Reuter, Daryl Muilenberg (PLM,)
Gleason Farms Inc., Jason Fett, Honeysuckle Farms LLC, Spronk Brothers LLP, Josie’s Pork Farm Inc., BS Hogs/Vision Pork and Tip Top Pork.
• Provision – Fieldale Farms Corporation.
• Purchasing – Aramark Uniform Services, Bunzl Processor Division, CHR Hansen Inc., Crown Cork & Seal USA Inc., Curwood Inc., Dickson Industries Inc., DXP Enterprises Inc., Exopack LLC, Gamer Packaging Inc., Griffith Laboratories USA, Hydrite Chemical Co., International Paper, Kalle USA Inc., The Meyers Printing Companies Inc., Menasha Packaging, Minnesota Corrugated Box Inc., Newly Weds Foods Inc., Progressive Packaging Inc., RR Donnelley, Rangen Inc., Red Arrow Products Company LLC, Sargento Foods Inc., Sensient Technologies Corporation, Smyth Companies, Zip Pak, Walter G Anderson Inc. and xpedx.
• Transportation – Dickey Transport Inc., ICS Logistics Corporation, McFarland Truck Lines Inc. and K & B Transportation Inc.