“The average American consumes more than 18 lbs. of bacon per year, so Denny’s decided to answer to the appetites of the nation,” said John Dillon, Denny’s vice president of marketing and product development.”
Denny’s new Baconalia! Menu, launched nationwide on March 22, includes traditional favorites, such as Bacon Meatloaf, to more unconventional offerings, such as the Maple Bacon Sundae - a classic ice cream sundae piled high with maple-flavored syrup and a generous sprinkling of hickory-smoked bacon.
“It’s fun to partner with Denny’s on innovative promotions like this because they are one of America’s largest full-service family restaurant chains and can give pork a lot of visibility,” says Paul Perfilio, national foodservice marketing manager for the Pork Checkoff. “Baconalia! shows Denny’s really has put bacon in everything.”
Available all day at more than 1,600 Denny’s restaurants, the limited-time Baconalia! Menu also includes:
• The Ultimate Bacon Breakfast – Features six strips of hickory-smoked bacon with two eggs, hash browns and bread.
• The Triple Bacon Sampler – Includes two strips of hickory-smoked bacon, new pepper bacon and turkey bacon, served with two eggs and hash browns.
• The BBBLT Sandwich – This triple-decker BLT contains eight strips of hickory-smoked bacon, garden fresh lettuce and sliced tomato.
• New Bacon Flapjacks – Combines salty and sweet flavors in pancakes accented with savory, hickory-smoked bacon.
• Pepper Bacon and Eggs – Includes black pepper-rubbed bacon served with eggs, hash browns and bread.
“The National Pork Board has always been a great partner to Denny’s,” said Dillon, who adds successful Baconalia! menu items may be added to Denny’s core menu. “Their resources and expertise are a tremendous asset to us year round, but especially when planning special promotions like Baconalia!”