WASHINGTON– Daniele International LLC, based in Mapleville, RI, announced that it would recall approximately 52,914 lbs of ready-to-eat (RTE) sausage products that may be adulterated with Listeria monocytogenes.
According to the US Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS), the agency discovered the problem during routine inspection activities where Listeria monocytogenes were found on surfaces where the product came into contact.
The products were produced on various dates from May 23, 2022 through Nov. 25, 2022. They were shipped to retail locations nationwide on various dates from Dec. 23, 2022 through Jan. 17. 2023.
The following products are subject to recall:
• 6-oz plastic tray of “FREDERIK’S by meijer SPANISH STYLE charcuterie sampler tray” with sell by date 4/15/23.
• 6-oz plastic tray of “Boar’s Head CHARCUTUERIE TRIO” with sell by dates 4/13/23, 4/14/23, and 4/15/23.
• 7-oz plastic tray of “COLAMECO’S PRIMO NATURALE GENOA UNCURED SALAMI” with sell by date 12/23/23.
• 7-oz plastic tray of “COLAMECO’S PRIMO NATURALE BLACK PEPPER UNCURED SALAMI” with use by dates 12/22/23, 12/30/23, and 1/17/24.
• 1-lb plastic tray of “DEL DUCA SOPRESSATA, COPPA & GENOA SALAMI” with sell by dates 4/13/23 and 4/14/23.
• 1-lb plastic tray of “DEL DUCA CALABRESE, PROSCIUTTO & COPPA” with sell by date 5/6/23.
• 1-lb plastic tray of “DEL DUCA GENOA SALAMI, UNCURED PEPPERONI & HARD SALAMI” with use by date 5/4/23.
• 12-oz plastic tray of “Gourmet Selection SOPRESSATA, CAPOCOLLO, HARD SALAME” with sell by date 4/14/23.
The products subject to recall bear the establishment number “EST. 54” inside the USDA mark of inspection. These items were shipped to retail locations nationwide.
The FSIS said no illnesses or adverse reactions have been reported due to the consumption of these products.