DALLAS – On The Border Mexican Grill & Cantina announced menu innovations and enhancements to drive traffic to the chain’s Tex-Mex inspired casual restaurants.
Improvements include bolder flavors in the Tortilla Soup and taking sauces to the next level, including green chili, sour cream sauce and spicy avocado ranch. The chain also added more steak to its fajitas and is offering add-ons like a mesquite-grilled shrimp skewer.
On The Border is returning Chipotle Ribs to the menu. The restaurant chain served the item when the brand first opened its doors. Additional menu enhancements include 10 new hand-crafted Tex-Mex cocktails.
“We are excited to continue to go bolder with our menu and serve new delicious items to our guests,” said Daniel Camp, On The Border head chef and senior director of Culinary. “Our menu innovations, special marinades and wood grilling have been the driving forces that have made On The Border a fan favorite for more than 40 years. We look forward to introducing these refreshing flavors to our guests.”
New menu items scheduled to launch next week include:
- Smokehouse Fajitas – Texas-sized fajita platter with chipotle ribs, jalapeño sausage, braised carnitas and shredded beef brisket with honey chipotle and jalapeño-BBQ sauces on the side, topped with a grilled jalapeño.
- Honey-Chipotle Shrimp Tacos – Crispy-fried shrimp, hand-tossed in honey-chipotle sauce with cilantro, spicy avocado ranch and shredded cabbage.
- Tacos Al Pastor – Braised and seasoned carnitas with pineapple salsa.
- Tacos Al Carbon – Corn tortillas with fajita chicken or steak, served with Jack cheese, pico de gallo, fresh guacamole and roasted red chili-tomatillo salsa.
- Monterey Ranch Chicken Torta– Mesquite-grilled chicken smothered in melted Jack cheese, crumbled bacon and ranch dressing in a toasted bolillo roll.
- Braised Carnitas Torta – Braised carnitas with creamy red chili sauce and honey-chipotle sauce, topped with shredded cabbage and pickled red onions in a toasted bolillo roll.
- Loaded Queso Burger– On The Border’s Tex-Mex burger loaded with fresh guac, pico de gallo, tortilla strips, pickled jalapeños, Mexican white cheese and covered in Smoky Queso, served on a toasted bun.