VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA – Very Good Butchers, a brand of the Very Good Food Co., announced its latest line of plant-based foods, with the Butcher’s Select sausages, meatballs and burgers.
The products are made gluten-free and soy-free with pea proteins, navy beans, chickpeas, garlic, onion, hemp seeds and organic peppers, according to the company.
“We created The Very Good Butchers brand to prove to consumers that making very good food choices doesn’t mean sacrificing taste or quality,” said Mitchell Scott, co-founder and chief executive officer of The Very Good Food Company. “We strive to make nutritious and delicious products that make plant-based eating easy and approachable. Tired of the overly processed meat alternatives available, we’re raising the plant-based bar by using only simple ingredients that make you feel good. Our goal is to get millions of people to rethink their foods choices, while helping them make an impact on the world.”
Very Good Butchers said the products are on limited release in the United States with a full product line launch coming in fall 2021.
The new Butcher’s Select line includes:
- Flippin’ Good Burger, which contains 19 grams of protein.
- Cajun Sausage, which features jalapeños, green bell peppers, organic veggies and 14 grams of protein.
- Bratwurst Sausage, a German-inspired line that blend veggies, fava beans and paprika and contains 15 grams of protein.
- MMM...Meatballs, an Italian plant-based meatball that contains 17 grams of protein per serving.
- Breakfast Sausage that is made with herbs and veggies that can be pan-fried or grilled, featuring 13 grams of protein.
The Very Good Butchers brand also offers plant based steak, ribs, pepperoni, burgers, taco meat, sausages and hot dogs. Additionally, the company uses 90% renewable packaging for its new Butcher’s Select line.