SAN ANTONIO – H-E-B has opened a food hall at one of its Austin, Texas, stores with a lineup of six restaurants for customers to choose from. H-E-B At Mueller’s Main Streat Food Hall officially opened on Aug. 25 with Roots Chicken Shak by Chef Tiffany Derry, True Texas BBQ, Calle Taqueria, Yumai Japanese Grill, The Meltery and Bar at Mueller.
“At H-E-B, feeding Texans and their families is at the heart of what we do. We worked hard to create this space and develop tasty menu items, and we’re thrilled to open Main Streat to the entire Austin community,” said Kristin Irvin, director of made to order restaurants at H-E-B. “We’re even more excited to partner with Chef Tiffany Derry. Not only is her food amazing and full of flavor, but her passion for feeding and caring for the community, increasing food education and access, and addressing racial inequity is inspiring and mirrors our beliefs. We’re honored to work with and learn from her.”
The food hall is available for takeout, limited capacity dining on the outdoor patio and inside, and free delivery from FAVOR. The Bar at Mueller will also offer beer, wine and cocktails for in-person to-go orders.
Chef Tiffany Derry gained international notoriety when she appeared on Season 7 of Bravo’s “Top Chef.” She opened her duck fat fried chicken restaurant, Roots Chicken Shak, in Plano, Texas, in 2017. The Roots Chicken Shak menu at H-E-B’s food hall will feature Duck Fat Fried Chicken Wings and Duck Fat Fried Chicken Strips; its Big Bird and Spicy Bird chicken sandwiches; Shak Caesar Salad and The Barnyard Cobb Salad; Duck Fat Fries with house-made Clucking Sauces; Banana Pudding made with vanilla custard, cookies and fresh banana; and Southern Sweet Tea.
Main Streat by H-E-B will also include:
- True Texas BBQ, serving Brisket, Ribs, Turkey, Sausage, BBQ Sandwiches, and sides like Mac & Cheese and Potato Salad;
- Calle Taqueria, a street taco-inspired restaurant offering Tacos with handmade flour or corn tortillas, Tortas, Quesadillas, and Bowls with the option of Trompo Al Pastor, Pork Carnitas, Adobo Smoked Brisket, or plant-based Impossible Picadillo, alongside Mexican Street Corn, Roasted Beets and Pepitas, and House Escabeche;
- Yumai Japanese Grill, with Rice and Noodle Bowls and Japanese-style Vegetable, Chicken, Beef, and Shrimp Skewers;
- The Meltery, a gourmet grilled cheese shop with a variety of sandwiches served on sourdough, Seedelicious, keto – made in-house daily – or Texas Toast, all pressed in garlic butter;
- Bar at Mueller, serving snacks and shared plates like Texas Tater Tots and a Meat & Cheese Tray, and a full menu of draft beers, wines, and cocktails featuring Texas breweries, wineries, and distilleries.
H-E-B’s robust sanitation and social distancing procedures will be in place throughout the Main Streat food hall and bar, and per the State of Texas and City of Austin guidelines, masks or facial coverings must be worn when inside the store.