CHICAGO – Consumers looking for a meal or snack to suit their dietary preferences have a bevy of choices this summer, courtesy of Conagra Brands. The Chicago-based CPG company launched more than 24 new products this season that span the lifestyle spectrum — from plant-based to Paleo-friendly.
The Birds Eye, Gardein, Healthy Choice and Marie Callender’s have developed new products to capitalize on the growing popularity of plant-based products. Flexitarians, in addition to vegetarians and vegans, continued to drive growth in the category with nearly 40% of Americans looking to incorporate more plant-based foods into their diets, according to Conagra.
New plant-based items include:
- Birds Eye Skillets and Meatless Lasagna with Gardein Plant-Based Protein;
- Healthy Choice Power Bowls in Be’f & Vegetable Stir Fry, and Chipotle Chick’n flavors;
- Gardein Ultimate Plant-Based Jerky, which is available in Original, Teriyaki and Hot & Spicy flavors;
- Gardein Plant-Based Soups in five plant-based meat flavors — Chick’n Noodl’, Be'f & Vegetable, Saus’ge Gumbo, Chick’n & Rice, and Minestrone & Saus’ge; and finally,
- Marie Callender’s is offering plant-based pot pies in Chick’n and Be’f flavors.
The EVOL and Blake's brands have created on-trend options for Paleo, keto, and vegan and vegetarian consumers. For example, EVOL brand pizzas are gluten free and feature a crust made with chicken and parmesan cheese. The product comes in 3-Cheese and Pepperoni flavors.
EVOL Modern Lifestyle Bowls include Paleo-friendly options such as Guajillo Chicken & Cauliflower; Plant-based Butternut Squash Curry; Unwrapped Chicken Egg Roll; and Plant-based Veggie Burrito.
Healthy Choice Power Bowls Whole EARTH BOWLS were developed for vegans and vegetarians. The bowls are offered in Green Goddess (vegan) and Buddha Bowl (vegetarian). And Healthy Choice Bone Broth Soups are available in Chicken Noodle, Chicken with Rice, and Lentil Vegetable.
Finally, indulgent snacking has increased more than 8% during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, according to the NPD Group, as consumers seek comfort in sweet and savory foods during these trying times. Conagra Brands has responded with new offerings, including Slim Jim Original N’ Cheese 10-Pack; Squealin’ Hot and Hog Wild BBQ Slim Jim Pork Rinds; Orville Redenbacher’s Microwave Popcorn Made with Avocado Oil; and Snack Pack Mermaid Tropical-flavored Pudding.