NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. — Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc. is starting the new year with two better-for-you additions to its menu: Whole30 compliant chicken and a new salad base. Both offerings are part of Chipotle’s relaunch of its Lifestyle Bowls platform.
To make its Adobo chicken Whole30 compliant, Chipotle changed the oil in its marinade, “keeping the same great taste but providing guests with specific dietary goals more options,” the company said. The chicken is included in three Whole30 Salad Bowls.
“The new year is a popular time for people to participate in Whole30, so we’re excited that Chipotle’s Lifestyle Bowls continue to take the stress out of healthy eating on-the-go,” said Melissa Hartwig Urban, co-founder of Whole30. “Convenience is key to staying on track, so I worked closely with the culinary team at Chipotle to create three compliant bowls for the Whole30 community.”
The new salad base, Supergreens Salad Mix, is a blend of romaine, baby kale and baby spinach and will replace the chain’s existing romaine-only salad base. The mix stars in the Whole30 Salad Bowls, Keto Salad Bowls, Paleo Salad Bowl and Vegetarian Salad Bowl.
“At Chipotle, we are always looking for ways to innovate the existing menu offering,” said Nevielle Panthaky, vice president of culinary at Chipotle. “Lifestyle Bowls allow us to preconfigure our real ingredients, including the new Supergreens salad blend, in a way that helps our guests reach or maintain their health and wellness goals.”
Chipotle’s Lifestyle Bowls platform, which debuted in January 2019, now offers the following options:
- Whole30 Salad Bowls, made with Supergreens, fajita vegetables, tomato salsa, guacamole and a choice of chicken, carne asada or carnitas;
- Keto Salad Bowls, including Supergreens, tomatillo-red salsa, cheese, guacamole and a choice of steak or chicken;
- Paleo Salad Bowl, featuring Supergreens, chicken, fajita vegetables, tomatillo-green salsa and guacamole;
- High Protein Bowl, containing white rice, black beans, a full portion of chicken, a full portion of steak, tomatillo-red salsa, cheese and shredded romaine lettuce;
- Vegan Bowl, made with brown rice, black beans, plant-based Sofritas, tomato salsa, roasted chili-corn salsa and shredded romaine lettuce; and
- Vegetarian Salad Bowl, featuring Supergreens, brown rice, black beans, fajita vegetables, tomato salsa and guacamole.