WASHINGTON- Chino, California-based American Beef Packers Inc. recalled approximately 24,428 lbs. of raw beef products that were deemed unfit for human consumption on Aug. 31, according to the US Dept. of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS).
The company notified the agency on Aug. 30, 2019, that a carcass with pending laboratory results was erroneously released and further processed into raw intact and non-intact beef products. FSIS inspection personnel retained the carcass and collected a sample for further analysis.
The meats were produced and packaged on Aug. 21, 2019. The following products are subject to recall:
• Bulk pack combo bins containing “AMERICAN BEEF PACKERS 85 BONELESS BEEF CHUCKS” with LOT NO.110 and BIN No. 85 and BIN No. 86.
• Bulk pack combo bins containing “AMERICAN BEEF PACKERS 90 BONELESS BEEF” with LOT NO. 110 and BIN No. 81, BIN No. 82 and BIN No. 83.
• Bulk pack combo bins containing “AMERICAN BEEF PACKERS 85 BONELESS BEEF” with LOT NO. 25-110 and BIN No. 84 and LOT NO 110 and BIN No. 88.
• Cases containing “AMERICAN BEEF PACKERS RIBEYE 8/10 #1” with codes BT190821-1178, BT190821-1185, BT190821-1188, BT190821-1190, and BT190821-1194.
• 66.2-lb. case containing “AMERICAN BEEF PACKERS RIBEYE 10 UP #1” with code BT190821-1186.
• Bulk pack combo bin containing “AMERICAN BEEF PACKERS 90 BONELESS BEEF SIRLOINS” with LOT NO. 24-110 and BIN No. 80.
• Cases containing “AMERICAN BEEF PACKERS TERDERLOIN 4 UP” with codes BT190821-1160, BT190821-1161, BT190821-1162, BT190821-1163, BT190821-1167, BT190821-1168, BT190821-1169, and BT190821-1170.
• Cases containing “AMERICAN BEEF PACKERS RIBEYE 10 UP” with codes BT190821-1187 and BT190821-1192.
• Cases containing “AMERICAN BEEF PACKERS TENDERLOIN 3/4” with codes BT190821-1155, BT190821-1157, BT190821-1171, BT190821-1200, BT190821-1201, BT190821-1202, BT190821-1203, BT190821-1204, and BT190821-1205.
• 50-lb. cases containing “AMERICAN BEEF PACKERS DESC: BEEF FOR FURTHER PROCESSING 75/25” with lot code 08347412719.
The products subject to recall bear establishment number “EST. 34741” inside the USDA mark of inspection. Items were shipped to federal establishments in California and Oregon.
On Aug. 30, the FSIS also recalled approximately 4,380 lbs. of pork sausage products from Ontario, California-based Heatherfield Foods Inc. due to misbranding. The front of the label on the item has a gluten free claim, but the product contains gluten in the form of wheat. Wheat, which is an allergen, is also listed in the product’s list of ingredients.
The problem was discovered after FSIS received a consumer complaint. The raw Longanisa sausage items were produced between March 8, 2019 and July 31, 2019.
The following product is subject to recall:
- 1-lb. thermoform tray packages containing “HAWAIIAN SAUSAGE COMPANY Sweet Filipino Longanisa ˙NO PRESERVATIVES ˙GLUTEN FREE ˙NO MSG” with lot codes 09067, 09081, 09088, 09113, 09130, 09148, 09156, 09163, 09170, 09179, 09193 and 09212 on the label.
The products subject to recall bear establishment number “EST. 4846” inside the USDA mark of inspection. These items were shipped to retail locations in Hawaii.