CHICAGO – McDonald’s announced some additions to its global restaurant menu at the nine-story corporate headquarters in the West Loop neighborhood of downtown Chicago.
Some of the featured menu items are from the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Canada and Latin America.
“Our customers continue to show increasing enthusiasm for our global menu offerings and we’re excited to share these new flavors from around the world at our headquarters restaurant,” said Nick Karavites, owner and operator of the global menu restaurant.
This round of the global menu features:
- Morning Wrap from the United Kingdom — This breakfast wrap starts with a flour tortilla, filled with bacon, eggs, a potato rosti, American cheese, sausage and choice of ketchup or brown sauce.
- Angus Maestro Burger from the Netherlands — This item includes two Angus beef patties seasoned with a steak and butter sauce and topped with a slice of white cheddar cheese, two slices of bacon, lettuce, red onion rings, ketchup and wild mustard sauce, served on an artisan bun topped with sesame and poppy seeds.
- Poutine from Canada — McDonald’s fries topped with cheese curds and gravy.
- The ‘Keep Calm, Caesar On’ Salad from Canada- A mix of lettuces, topped with parmesan cheese, bacon bits, roasted garlic focaccia croutons and a choice of sliced grilled or crispy chicken; offered with Caesar dressing or choice of dressing.
- The ‘I’m Greeking Out’ Salad from Canada — A mix of premium lettuces, topped with sliced cucumbers, red pepper strips, crumbled feta, seasoned couscous, herb and garlic pita chips, and a choice of sliced grilled or crispy chicken; offered with Greek dressing or choice of dressing.
If customers do not want international flavors, the restaurant also serves up classic menu items including the Big Mac, the beef Quarter Pounder with Cheese, Chicken McNuggets and McDonald’s fries.
The 6,000-sq.-ft. global restaurant is an extension of the company’s McDonald’s Experience of the Future platform, which features a modern globally-inspired interior and a wall map with Golden Arches that illuminate when an item from a specific country is featured on the menu. Self-order kiosks, table service, mobile order and payment and McDelivery with Uber Eats options are also part of the location, the company said.
The global restaurant opened in April 2018. The new global corporate headquarters was opened in the same space on in June.