KANSAS CITY, Mo. – As the leading animal welfare educational opportunity in the meat industry, the Animal Care and Handling Conference has doubled in size since it was launched in 1999. Meat companies, their customers and everyone involved in the production and management of livestock and meat products are invited to attend the annual conference, scheduled for Oct. 18-19 at the Westin Crown Center in Kansas City, Missouri. Registration is now open for this year’s event.
The preliminary agenda for the conference includes the following sessions:
- The ABCs of animal handling for beef, pork and poultry
- Two Decades of Animal Welfare Science: Advancements, Opportunities, and Implications
- Consumer Perceptions in Animal Welfare
- Activist Activities: Lessons Learned
- Emerging Societal Ethics for Animals
Attendees can also choose from several concurrent sessions from various tracks including beef and pork, poultry, audit, beef and pork transportation and management and policy.
Members of the North American Meat Institute (NAMI) and co-sponsoring organizations can qualify for discounted rates. For large groups or questions about registration contact Valencia Covington at (202) 587-4204 or email@example.com.
For more information on the conference, or to register, click here.