SPRINGDALE, Ark. – For the thirteenth year, Tyson Foods Inc. recognized exemplary supplier partners with its Supplier of the Year awards. Based on metrics observed over the past year, Tyson ranked its suppliers in terms of supply-chain performance, cost of ownership, pricing programs, customer service, sustainability programs and innovation.
At an April 12 awards luncheon attended by Tom Hayes, Tyson’s president and CEO, and Melanie Russell, senior vice president of procurement, the following companies received Supplier of the Year awards:
- Bunzl Processor Division (Kansas City, Missouri-based original equipment manufacturer and aftermarket supplier)
- Hantover (Kansas City, Missouri-based supplier of food processing and industrial supplies)
- Cargill Kitchen Solutions (Monticello, Minnesota-based specialty ingredient supplier)
- Hugg & Hall Equipment Co. (Springdale, Arkansas-based location services provider)
- Archer Daniels Midland (Decatur, Illinois-based supplier of ingredients)
Tyson recognized two other companies for excellence in specific areas:
- Packaging Specialties Inc., of Fayetteville, Arkansas, received Tyson’s “Diversity Supplier of the Year” award; and
- Symrise Inc., based in Teterboro, New Jersey, was recognized with the “Innovator of the Year” award.
Tom Schaeffer, senior director of procurement, said the recipients allow Tyson to deliver on the commitment that states Tyson wins when its customers win.
“The suppliers recognized this year clearly reflect this same belief – developing deep, collaborative partnerships focused first on providing value, service and innovative solutions that help Tyson Foods win for and with our customers,” he said.