WICHITA, Kan. – Chefs from around the country are gathering at the Cargill Innovation Center Jan. 23 to collaborate on new beef dishes for Cargill’s Sterling Silver Premium meats program. Six chefs will join Culinary Director for Cargill Protein Stephen Giunta and Barry Miles, senior strategic account chef for Cargill, to discuss consumer trends, share insights and create new offerings for retailers and foodservice customers.
Cargill’s Sterling Silver beef program allows only select retailers to market the premium beef products in their stores. According to Cargill, Sterling Silver foodservice and retail customers benefit from the brand’s excellent marbling, which is a major component of the beef’s flavor profile, minimum 21-day aging and high USDA grades.
The Sterling Silver Signature Chef Event will be held from noon to 2 p.m. on Jan. 23. Chefs in attendance include:
- Dave Cuntz, executive chef and owner of Carver Brewing Co., Durango, Colorado
- Tony Garcia, executive chef/owner of Avanzare Italian Dining, Springfield, Missouri
- Thomas Pivec, owner and executive chef at Lord Fletcher’s Old Lake Lodge, Minnetonka, Minnesota
- Michael Siehien, chef/owner, the Bedford Social Club, Bedford, Virginia; previously executive chef at Mirabelle in Los Angeles
- Nick Unangst, corporate chef/partner for SERG Restaurant Group in Hilton Head, South Carolina
- Michael Weisshaupt, executive chef, Fiddler’s Elbow Country Club, Bedminster, New Jersey