The conference is held each year to provide meat processors, distributors, chefs, retailers and cattle ranchers a forum to exchange ideas on how to deliver premium beef to their customers.
“Quality and integrity unite their focus on delivering the finest beef,” said John Stika, the beef brand’s president. “They are stars in their markets for bringing the Certified Angus Beef brand’s ranching heritage and focus on quality and integrity to their customers, and ultimately, consumers.”
CAB’s honors included:
• The Fabricator Proficiency Award was given to Kansas City, Missouri-based National Beef Packing. The company was recognized for most pounds of beef sold per certified carcass during the year.
• Packer Marketer of the Year was awarded to Tyson Fresh Meats, Dakota Dunes, South Dakota. Tyson participated in training at the brand’s culinary center and hosted multiple tours for customers. Tyson Fresh Meats, Dakota City, Nebraska achieved “Four Million Head Certified” recognition.
• Top Sales Volume Fabricator was presented to National Beef in Dodge City, Kansas. The company was also recognized for achieving “Two Million Head Certified.”
• Lower Foods, Richmond, Utah, received the Value-added Products Marketer of the Year award. The company developed a packaging model for its entire Certified Angus Beef brand product line, including all-natural deli meats, natural-hardwood-smoked meats and precooked items.
• Top Sales Volume International Packer was awarded to Cargill Meat Solutions, Wichita, Kansas. Cargill gained market share in Canada, as well as Mexico and Japan. Cargill in Ft. Morgan, Colorado also received a “Three Million Head Certified.”
• The Top Sales Volume Exporter award went to Quirch Foods, Miami, Florida.
• The Wolverine Packing Company, Detroit, Michigan received the Top Sales Volume Ground Beef Processor.
• Buckhead Meat of Dallas, The Colony, Texas, earned the Top Sales Volume Processor.
• Top Process Sales Volume Increase was awarded to Golden West Food Group of Vernon, California.