WASHINGTON – The US Dept. of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) has announced another recall of meat products due to undeclared milk in bread crumbs. Nine other processors have recalled more than 3 million lbs. of products since June 8. On June 13, Joseph Seviroli Inc., Garden City, New York, recalled approximately 114,409 lbs. of beef ravioli products due to misbranding and undeclared allergens.
The problem was discovered on June 6, when the company received notification from one of its ingredient suppliers that the cracker meal the company received and used in the recalled products potentially contained undeclared milk.
The beef ravioli items were produced on Jan. 9, 2017 to May 10, 2017, and bear establishment number “EST. 5342” inside the USDA mark of inspection. These items were shipped to distribution locations in Missouri, New Jersey, Ohio and Rhode Island. The following products are subject to recall:
- 25-oz. bag of “LOWES foods beef ravioli square shaped,” with lot code 7040 and a sell by date of 2/9/2018.
- 30-oz. bag of “Big Y SQUARE Beef Ravioli,” with lot code 7009 and 7130, and sell by dates of 1/9/18 and 5/10/2018.
- 13-oz. bag of “Seviroli Beef Ravioli,” with lot codes 7041, 7042, 7107, 7109, 7118, 7130, and 7079, and sell by dates of 2/10/18, 2/11/18, 4/17/18, 4/19/18, 4/28/17, 5/10/18, and 3/20/18.
- 24-oz. bag of “BEST YET beef ravioli,” with lot code 7065 and a sell by date of 3/6/18.
- 20-lb bulk bag of “SEV MINI HEX BEEF RAVIOLI PAR-COOKED,” with lot codes 7034, 7065 and 7100 and package codes of 7034, 7065, and 7100
- 20-oz bag of “V’s PRE-COOKED SQUARE BEEF RAVIOLI,” with lot codes 7034, 7040, 7065 and 7100 and sell by dates of 2/3/18, 2/9/18, 3/6/18, and 4/10/18.
There have been no confirmed reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of these products or any other of the recalled products.