IRVINE, Calif. – Golden State Foods, a diversified food processor and distributor in Irvine, California, announced several changes to the company’s executive leadership and global food operations.
Joe Heffington was promoted to corporate senior vice president and CFO, and Brian Dick was promoted to corporate senior vice president and president, global liquid products and GSF Fresh! produce. Golden State said several other roles were changed to support the company’s new executive leadership.
Heffington brings 35 years in accounting and financial leadership to his new role within Golden State Foods. He will lead all financial functions for the company, including accounting, finance, corporate tax and corporate development. He most recently served as corporate vice president and chief accounting officer.
Dick, formerly corporate vice president and president, global liquid products North America, will oversee all global liquid products operations along with GSF Fresh! operations worldwide. He brings to his new role 20 years of experience in international food processing operations.
“These strategic organizational changes will position GSF to meet and exceed the needs of our valued customers and will enable us to proactively address evolving customer needs and achieve self-managed excellence, while responding rapidly with innovative offerings to take advantage of demographic, consumer and technology trends,” Mark Wetterau, chairman and CEO, said in a statement. “With this restructure, I’m confident that we have the right people in the right positions to drive digital solutions, innovate and ensure continuous improvement, all while reinforcing our unique culture, creed and values.”
Other appointments include:
- Bill Sanderson, corporate executive vice president and chief administrative officer;
- Ed Rodriguez, chief human resources officer;
- Carol Fawcett, corporate vice president and CIO;
- Guilda Javaheri, chief technology officer.
Three additional promotions occurred in GSF’s global food operations:
- John Maguire, corporate vice president and president, liquid products North America;
- Kevin Casto, group senior vice president manufacturing, liquid products North America;
- Eric Treon, group senior business director, global liquid products.