TUCKER, Ga. – Sustainability in animal agriculture continues to be an important topic of discussion for the industry. Attendees of the 2017 International Production & Processing Expo (IPPE) in Atlanta Jan. 31-Feb. 2, 2017, can attend a half-day summit focused on communicating the animal agriculture sector’s sustainability efforts with consumers, suppliers and stakeholders. This is the ninth year the Animal Agriculture Sustainability Summit will be held during IPPE. The free program will be on Tuesday, Jan. 31 from 9 a.m. to noon in Room B207/208.
Topics included in the half-day summit include:
• What is Sustainable Agriculture and How Do You Demonstrate It?
• Collaborating with Famers to Advance the Sustainability of Their Farm
• An Industry Success Story on Achieving Zero Landfill Status
• Striving to Become More Sustainable – Establishing Value Chain Partnerships to Grow Purina’s Sustainability Culture
• Agriculture and the Chesapeake Bay: Working Together for Profitable Agriculture and Healthy Waters.
At the end of the summit, winners of USPOULTRY’s Family Farm Environmental Excellence Awards for 2017 will be announced.