WOOSTER, Ohio – Certified Angus Beef honored a number of beef companies – including National Beef Packing Co., JBS USA, Cargill Meat Solutions and Schweid & Sons – for their “dedication to excellence” at its recent annual conference in Tucson, Arizona.
“We are proud to partner with these companies and congratulate their ongoing successes,” said John Stika, the beef brand’s president. “Every time they recommend the Certified Angus Beef brand, they embrace our family ranching heritage and dedication to quality from farm to table.”
CAB’s honors included:
• The Fabricator Proficiency Award was awarded to Greater Omaha Packing, Omaha, Nebraska. The company was recognized for most pounds of beef sold per certified carcass during the year.
• Packer Marketer of the Year was awarded to Kansas City, Missouri-based National Beef Packing Co. The company increased its Certified Angus Beef sales this year by 27 percent.
• Top Sales Volume Fabricator was given to National Beef in Dodge City, Kansas. The company was also recognized for achieving “Four Million Head Certified” since the location began offering the brand of beef.
• International Packer Marketer of the Year was presented to Greeley, Colorado-based JBS USA. JBS USA-Greeley received a Top Sales Volume Fabricator award and was honored for “Three Million Head Certified” since it first began offering the brand and JBS USA Dumas, Texas, was recognized for “One Million Head Certified.”
• Top Sales Volume International Packer was awarded to Cargill Meat Solutions, Wichita, Kansas. Cargill Meat Solutions, Schuyler, Nebraska, was named a Top Sales Volume Fabricator and achieved “Four Million Head Certified” recognition.
• Schweid and Sons, Carlstadt, New Jersey, received the Value-added Products Marketer of the Year award. The family-run company helps sponsor events like the New York City Burger Week and the Boston and New York Battle of the Burger to bring focus to the brand.
• The Top Sales Volume Ground Beef Processor award went to Wolverine Packing Company, Detroit, Michigan.
• Freedman Meats, The Colony, Texas, received two awards: Top Sales Volume Processor and Top Processor Sales Volume Increase.
•The International Value-added Products Marketer of the Year award went to Macgregors Meat & Seafood, Toronto, Ontario. Macgregors enjoyed a 30 percent increase in sales, marking its 25th year offering Certified Angus Beef brand products.
• Sysco International Food Group, Jacksonville, Florida, earned the Top Sales Volume Exporter recognition.
• The International Distributor Marketer of the Year award was presented to Sufat, Kuwait-based Alyasra Food Company.
• Atlantic FS S.A.S., Medellin, Colombia, received the International Commitment to Integrity award.