KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Two items seem never to get old for meat and poultry lovers — bacon and barbecue.
Foodservice promotions featuring barbecue are increasingly common in the summer months, according to market research firm Technomic. Meanwhile, bacon and bacon flavor as ingredients continue to expand beyond the breakfast table into baking, confectionary, snacks and even cocktails.
MEAT+POULTRY and Bacon Business News have tried to capture the all the latest trends in bacon and barbecue by letting the folks on the frontlines of the food industry discuss what’s in, what’s out and what works for them. Herewith, our Top 5 podcasts.
1) Thrushwood Farms built on family farm vision: Doug and Jeff Hankes continue to innovate with meat snacks.
2) Meet the marketing brains behind Kansas City’s Bacon and Bourbon Festival: In the third year of the event, 800 locals showed up to sample and sip.
3) RJ’s low and slow approach to bacon: Rick Reams doesn’t rush to produce his premium products.
4) Judging barbecue: An author and BBQ fanatic eats his way across the US.
5) Author shares her love for bacon: Food author, Eliza Cross, has written several books on food including the most recent one, which is focused on bacon.
|Eliza Cross, author|