BATAVIA, Ill. – ALDI is offering more foods consumers can feel good about with the launch of “Never Any!”, a line of clean-label meats sourced from animals never given antibiotics, added hormones or steroids, and fed a vegetarian diet.
Core products in the Never Any! line include:
- Kirkwood Never Any! Chicken Breasts ($3.99 per lb.; random weight)
- Lunch Mate Never Any! Ham or Turkey ($3.29; 7 oz.)
- Appleton Farms Never Any! Hickory Bacon ($4.49; 12 oz.)
- Kirkwood Never Any! Whole Chicken ($1.49 per lb.; random weight)
- Kirkwood Never Any! Chicken Breast Tenderloins ($4.49 per lb.; random weight)
- Kirkwood Never Any! Italian or Spinach Feta Chicken Sausage ($2.99; 12 oz.)
ALDI also is testing Kirkwood Never Any! Chicken Sausage and Chipotle or Tomato Basil Chicken Sausage in select areas.
“We believe every shopper should have access to food they feel good about serving their family,” ALDI CEO Jason Hart, said in a statement. “That’s why we're dedicated to providing high quality groceries at affordable prices — making healthy living simple for more than 32 million customers who shop our stores each month.”
The Never Any! launch follows previous better-for-you initiatives implemented at ALDI stores, including the Healthier Checklanes, which feature items such as single-serve nuts and trail mixes, dried fruits and granola bars instead of candy. The company also announced plans to increase selections of organic products while removing added monosodium glutamate (MSG), partially hydrogenated oils and certified synthetic coloring from all ALDI-exclusive food products.