SAO PAULO, Brazil – Despite net revenue decreases in its US beef, pork and chicken business segments, JBS SA announced positive results for its 2015 fiscal third quarter, including increases in net sales, gross income, net income and earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA).

“We had a quarter of sustainable sales growth, consistent operating results, and robust cash generation and net income,” said Wesley Batista, CEO of JBS.

Net sales totaled 43 billion reais ($11.3 billion), an increase of 39.8 percent. Net income for the quarter was 3.4 billion reais ($895.9 million) equivalent to 1.19 reais (31 cents) per share when compared to the third quarter in 2014. Adjusted net income in the period was 4.2 billion reais ($1.1 billion).
The company reported notable sales growth for the quarter in its JBS Foods business unit, with net revenue of 5,012.2 million reais ($1,323.02 million) a 48.4 percent increase over the same quarter last year. Additionally JBS Mercosul reported net revenue of 7146.9 million reais ($1886.50 million) in Q3, a 10.5 percent sales growth over the third quarter of fiscal 2014.

Company-wide 69 percent of the firm's global sales were derived from the markets where it operates with the remaining 31 percent of sales being export sales.

In the US:
• Sales comprised 47 percent of JBS’ revenue in the quarter.
• Net revenue for JBS USA Beef was $5.750.9 million, down 1.7 percent from the third quarter in fiscal 2014.
• Net revenue for JBS USA Pork was $785.4 million in the quarter, down 16.3 percent from the same period last year.

Net revenue for JBS USA Chicken (Pilgrim’s Pride Corp.) was $2,112.5 million in the third quarter of fiscal 2015, down about 7 percent from the third quarter of fiscal 2014.

“We have great confidence in our global food production platform which is being boosted by a stronger and increased value-added product portfolio and with well-recognized brands,” Batista said. “We envision several opportunities to expand our business in the prepared foods and value-added segment. To achieve this goal, we will continue to invest in high quality products, innovation and brands.”