ROGERS , Ark. – Twenty-five workers who were hospitalized with inhalation injuries after being exposed to ammonia at a Tyson plant in Rogers on Dec. 10 were treated and released later that evening, according to news reports. A spokesman with the company confirmed that normal operations at the facility resumed at 7 p.m.

Workers detected an ammonia smell around 3:30 p.m. at the Tyson Chick ‘n Quick plant, according to news reports quoting the Rogers Fire Department. After the plant evacuation, Tyson said in a statement that an “ammonia smell entered part of our Rogers Chick ‘n Quick facility” while contractors were performing maintenance on the roof. Tyson immediately evacuated about 250 employees. “Some team members asked to see a doctor and went to two area hospitals for observation,” the statement said. “As of 10 p.m. all of our employees had been released from observation.”

“The health and safety of our employees is very important to us, that’s why we have extensive safety and health training, programs and policies in place at all of our facilities,” the company said.