Beyond peanuts and Cracker Jack
by MEAT+POULTRY staff
PHILADELPHIA – Aramark, a major food and beverage partner of nine Major League Baseball stadiums, is unveiling its 2015 ballpark menus, which include ballpark favorites, stadium exclusives and better-for-you options.
"This off season, we set out with one mission: create authentic menus that offer something for everyone and enhance the game day experience," said Carl Mittleman, president of Aramark's Sports and Entertainment division. "I'm very proud of the Aramark team, and the work they've done to ensure each of our menus offers something new, classic and better for you."
During the 2015 MLB season, Aramark estimates baseball fans will consume more than four-million hot dogs at the ballparks it serves. While classics, like the Fenway Frank, will always be available, several ballparks are dressing up their hot dogs and sausages with local flavors or unexpected ingredients.
• Citizens Bank Park, South Philly Dog – Phillies Frank topped with roasted red peppers, sharp provolone and broccoli rabe.
• Coors Field, Taco Dog -- Chorizo dog topped with cheese, lettuce and pico de gallo.
• Kauffman Stadium, Steak & Cheese Dog – Hot dog topped with chopped Philly steak and cheese sauce.
• PNC Park, Cuban Pretzel Dog – Foot-long, all-beef hot dog topped with slices of ham, pulled pork, Swiss cheese, Dijon mustard and pickles, on a pretzel hoagie roll.
• Rogers Centre, Peameal Bacon Sausage – Peameal bacon sausage topped with caramelized onions and honey mustard, on a cornmeal bun.
Foodies can also now find the following dishes in general concessions at their favorite ballpark.
• Citi Field, Pig Guy NYC's Bacon on a Stick – Grilled thick cut Pat LaFrieda bacon available three ways- Sriracha maple glazed, dipped in Salted Caramel, or S'mores with chocolate, graham crackers and marshmallows.
• Fenway Park, Chicken Taco Salad – Iceberg lettuce topped with grilled chicken, tomatoes, onions, and avocado, served in a fried tortilla bowl.
• Minute Maid Park, Chicken and Waffle Cone – Waffle cone stuffed with mashed potatoes, fried chicken and drizzled with honey mustard.
• PNC Park, Rivertowne Brewing Hall of Fame Club Bacon Cheeseburger – Half-lb. chuck and short-rib burger topped with house made pulled pork, house-cured jalapeňo bacon, house-made ketchup, pepper-jack cheese garlic pickles, red onions, on a toasted, locally baked brioche.
• Rogers Centre, Distillery District Roast Beef Dip – House smoked beef topped with jus, roasted garlic aioli, horseradish mayo, crispy red onion and rocket greens, on a herb baguette.
• Turner Field, Wing Diner – Chicken wings, tossed to order, in mango habanero, buffalo or lemon pepper sauce.
Aramark partners with nearly 25 celebrity chefs and restaurateurs across its Sports and Entertainment portfolio. This baseball season, Aramark is proud to add two new chefs to its impressive celebrity chef roster, chef and television host, Andrew Zimmern, and chef and restaurateur, Josh Capon.
Andrew Zimmern will make his debut as an Aramark ballpark partner at Kauffman Stadium, where he will introduce:
• KC Skewers – Flat bread sandwiches with choice of fresh all-natural chicken, boneless beef short rib, pork shoulder or lamb kefta, grilled to order.
• KC Links – Piedmontese Beef Hot Dog with minted cabbage slaw, mustard, chiles and roasted vegetable mayo.
Cheddar Bratwurst – With jalapeňo jelly, whole-grain mustard and crispy onion shake.
Chorizo Agrodolce – Sweet and sour style, with sweet pepper relish and giardiniera.
Italian Link – with charred peppers, onions and fresh basil.
At Citi Field, Josh Capon, executive chef and partner, will roll out a new, gourmet-sandwich concept.
As part of its mission to enrich and nourish Lives, This year, Aramark is rolling out Food That Fits Your Life, an extension of Aramark Corporation's Healthy For Life platform. The roll-out includes enhancing healthy options and making it easier for baseball fans to locate healthier menu items around the ballpark. New better for you options include:
• Citi Field, Hain Celestial natural, organic and gluten free foods – New stand featuring national, organic and gluten-free options including turkey burgers, veggie dogs, organic chips and organic cookies.
• Citizens Bank Park, Gluten-Free Dedicated Stand – Featuring gluten-free chicken tenders, hot dogs, pizza, cheesesteaks, pretzels, brownies, cookies and beer.
• PNC Park, Gluten Free Burrito – Gluten-free corn tortilla filled with white rice, black beans, onions and peppers, cheese blend and choice of portabella mushroom or grilled chicken.