The world on a grill
Search for similar articles by keyword: [Consumers
SPARKS, Md. – International culinary trends continue to influence flavors created on American grills, according to McCormick's Flavor Forecast 2014: Grilling Edition.
“Our Grilling Flavor Forecast shows how global culinary trends are coming to life on America's grills,” said Chef Kevan Vetter of the McCormick Kitchens. “For example, food lovers everywhere are seeking out their next big chile thrill. They're stuffing jalapenos in their favorite burgers and creating quick homemade Sriracha barbecue sauces.”
|Jalapeno and cheddar-stuffed burger
Highlights of grilling trends for 2014 include:
• Brazilian BBQ – Grillers are taking restaurant-style Brazilian churrascaria to their backyards via skewered meats flavored with zesty marinades.
• Chilies – Consumers continue to seek the heat in their barbecue from chili-stuffed burgers to barbecue sauces flavored with Sriracha.
• Fiesta-inspired cookout – Our neighbors south of the of the US border continue to influence backyard entertaining as consumers embrace summer dishes such as beer can chicken, corn on the cob and even frozen beverages infused with vibrant flavors.
• Big flavor, small bites – Apartment dwellers need not be left out of grilling season. Small grills help urban grillers save space and create innovative flavors inspired by foreign destinations such as Korea.
• Indian expedition – Appetizers, entrees and desserts are being transformed by the richly spiced flavors of India.
• For the love of steak – consumers are turning to more affordable cuts of beef as prices for premium cuts of beef continue to soar.