Cold storage reports shows red-meat supplies down 3%

by Meat&Poultry Staff
Share This:
Search for similar articles by keyword: [Beef], [Pork], [Poultry]
WASHINGTON – Total red-meat supplies in freezers on Aug. 31, 2013, were down 3 percent from the previous month and down 5 percent from a year ago, according to the Us Department of Agriculture's Cold Storage Report. Total pounds of beef in freezers declined 6 percent from the previous month but climbed slightly from Aug. 31, 2012, USDA reported.

Frozen pork supplies slipped 1 percent from the previous month and dropped 8 percent from last year. Stocks of pork bellies declined 32 percent from last month but advanced 35 percent compared to a year ago, according to USDA.

Total frozen poultry supplies on Aug. 31, 2013, slightly increased from the previous month and gained 5 percent from a year ago. Total stocks of chicken increased 1 percent from the previous month and gained 5 percent from last year. Total pounds of turkey in freezers were down slightly from last month but up 6 percent from a year ago.
Add a Comment
We welcome your thoughtful comments. Please comply with our Community rules.








The views expressed in the comments section of Meat and Poultry News do not reflect those of Meat and Poultry News or its parent company, Sosland Publishing Co., Kansas City, Mo. Concern regarding a specific comment may be registered with the Editor by clicking the Report Abuse link.