USDA announces beef board appointments
Dec. 22, 2014
by Erica Shaffer
Search for similar articles by keyword: [Beef
WASHINGTON – The Cattlemen's Beef Promotion and Research Board gained 25 new members. Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack announced the appointments; members will serve three-year terms.
The 100-member board oversees collection of funds for the Beef Checkoff. The board also contracts with industry-governed organizations to implement promotion initiatives, research, consumer information programs, industry information, producer communications and marketing programs for foreign markets. The Secretary of Agriculture selects the appointees who are nominated by certified organizations representing producers of beef, veal and dairy in addition to importers.
Newly appointed members representing cattle producers are:
• Leo Sutterfield, Mountain View, Ark.;
• Kent Bamford, Haxtun, Colo.;
• Sarah Childs, Lake Placid, Fla.;
• Jared Brackett, Rogerson, Idaho;
• Perry Owens, Minneapolis, Kan.;
• Stacy McClintock, Soldier, Kan.;
• Jonathan Miller, Bloomfield, Ky.;
• Leon Kreisler, Salem, Mo.;
• Lyle Peterson, Custer, Mont.;
• Ross Racine, Billings, Mont.;
• Sherry Vinton, Whitman, Neb.;
• James Eschliman, Ericson, Neb.;
• Patrick Becker, Selfridge, ND;
• Barbara A. Jacques, Shidler, Okla.;
• Terry Wyatt, Hollister, Okla.;
• Richard McElhaney, Hookstown, Pa.;
• Gerald Sharp, Bath, SD;
• Robert Von Der Lieth, Jr., Copperopolis, Calif.
Members representing the Southwest Unit include:
• Paul Looney, Fredericksburg, Texas;
• Jackie Means, Van Horn, Texas;
• Lavinia Sartwelle, Sealy, Texas;
• Richard Winter, Canyon, Texas; and
• William McDonald, Blacksburg, Va.
Newly appointed members representing importers are Joakim Holzner, Windsor, Colo.; and David Pietsch, McLean, Va.