Seeing is believing
Sept. 21, 2017
by MEAT+POULTRY Staff
Visitors to the Meat Production Line exhibit had the chance to see a full sliced deli meat line in action.
CHICAGO – Visitors to PROCESS EXPO 2017 are getting the unique opportunity to see full production lines in action on the show floor. Instead of only seeing one company’s machinery in action as attendees go from booth to booth, visitors who drop by the meat and bakery production line exhibits can see a number of exhibitors’ equipment working side by side, just as they would in a production facility. These production line exhibits are new to the trade show this year and have garnered a lot of attention each day of the show.
Three times daily there are live demonstrations of each of the production lines. There are two meat production lines – one involving a demonstration of a sliced turkey breast deli meat line, starting from whole muscle product and finishing with packaged sliced meats – in addition to a sausage link production line. The bakery production line simulates a frozen cookie line production process.
Live demonstrations at the Meat Production Line exhibit drew crowds during PROCESS EXPO.
“Our attendees love the thought of being able to see how the actual product is made and talk with the manufacturers to get a better understanding of the process,” said David Seckman, president and CEO of FPSA.
The meat production line features the following equipment from these exhibitors:
- GEA North America: MultiJector 700 (injector)
- JBT Corporation: Polar Flex Carve Macerator
- Handtmann Inc.: Handtmann HVF 670 (high vacuum filler)
- Viskase Companies Inc.: VISFLEX Plastic Casings
- Poly-Clip System: FCA 90 (high-speed clipper)
- Textor, Inc.: TS 700 (slicer)
- RapidPak (division of Middleby): RapidPak RP-45
- Mimasa: REA-2500-V (trolley washing cabinet)
- K+G Wetter/AmTrade Systems: CutMix 120 STL (bowl cutter/chopper)
- Handtmann Inc.: VF 838 and PVLH 246 (automated linking and hanging line)
- Viskase Companies Inc.: NOJAX Cellulose Casings
The bakery line features:
- CMC America Corp: dough mixer
- Handtmann Inc.: dough former/depositor
- Praxair Inc.: nitrogen tunnel freezer
- Intralox: conveyor belts
- Mettler Toledo: metal detector
- System Technology Inc.: packaging equipment
- Stober Drives: motors and drives
FPSA’s Meat Industry Suppliers Alliance (MISA) and the FPSA Bakery Council were instrumental in putting together the production lines.
Demonstrations of the cookie production line will continue to run three times on Sept. 21 at 11:00 a.m., 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. at Booth 3019, and the meat production lines will have demonstrations at 10:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. at Booth 4513.