Slicing technologies aid yield increases
Dec. 12, 2013
by Meat&Poultry Staff
MOKENA, Ill.– Provisur Technologies has five slicing technology powerhouses that put the 'cut' into cutting edge.
The PowerMax Slicing Systems from Formax offer users five unique designs and functions that all deliver on optimal slice quality, operational efficiency, safety and profitability, according to Provisur. The slicing systems cover the entire process, from setting up the most precise slicing to presenting and positioning portions to the packaging machine.
A new eBook called “5 Cutting Edge Technologies to Empower Your Slicing Performance” at powermaxslicing.com provides comprehensive details about the technologies. The five slicing technologies include:
• The PowerMax Independent Drive System which delivers each log to the blade separately and is able to adjust to small variations within each log, providing accurate weight control over every sliced portion. Giveaway is reduced by at least 0.5 percent to 1 percent, compared to single drive systems.
• The PowerScanner uses proactive weighing and scanning to create an accurate 3-D image of naturally and irregularly shaped products before they enter the slicer, allowing processors to more accurately and consistently get the highest yields. Accept rates for irregular items can be up to 98 percent. Paired with the independent drive, the PowerScanner enables a user to slice more than one irregularly shaped product at a time with the highest level of portion control.
• The PowerMax Safety Laser Scanner safely protects the slicer while minimizing the number of physical guards to provide an open machine design. The number of guards removed for cleaning is minimized which ensures thorough cleanings. The slicer also features automatic movement into the cleanup position and automatic movement back to the ready position with the touch of a button to further simplify cleaning.
• PowerMax Blade Technology is crafted from a high chromium alloy that goes through a 14-step manufacturing process to extend blade life with greater resistance to shattering. Formax offers a wide range of blade profiles, angles, and edge serrations in order to optimize slicing performance and ensure slice integrity for every application.
• The Multitec Autoloading System helps users minimize labor, increase line throughput, and optimize line efficiency. Multitec can customize an autoloading solution for virtually any application and product presentation using servo-driven modular designs and proven concepts. A wide range of slice positioning capabilities allow product to be overlapped, turned or flipped, reflecting processors’ increasing need for versatility and their own custom solutions for a more appealing product presentation.