Vancouver firm recalls ground beef
May 11, 2015
by Erica Shaffer
Killarney Market recalls some beef products on E. coli contamination concerns.
OTTAWA, Ontario – A Canadian firm is recalling several lots of ground beef on concerns the meat is contaminated by E. coli O157:H7, the Canadian Food Inspection Agency reported.
Killarney Market launched the recall after CFIA tests of the company's ground beef returned positive for E. coli. No illnesses have been reported.
Affected products include Killarney Market brand:
• Lean Ground Beef (UPC starts with 200089)
• Lean Ground Beef Family Pack (UPC starts with 200115)
• Extra Lean Ground Beef Less than 10% Fat (UPC starts with 200117)
• Extra Lean Ground Beef Family Pack (UPC starts with 200119)
• 100% Hormone Free Black Angus Lean Ground Beef (UPC starts with 200820)
Killarney Market is an independent food grocer in Vancouver, British Columbia. The firm specializes in Latin American, Asian and European groceries.