LQNN recalls meat, poultry products
May 21, 2015
by MEAT+POULTRY Staff
WASHINGTON – Garden City, Calif.-based LQNN, Inc., operating as Lee’s Sandwiches, is recalling approximately 213,192 lbs. of chicken, beef and pork products due to lack of inspection and misuse of the USDA mark of inspection, the Food Safety and Inspection Service reported.
FSIS personnel discovered the problem during a surveillance review. Inspectors held the uninspected products which had another facility's mark of inspection. However, other products were moved and sold in commerce, the agency noted. The items were produced at a warehouse distributorship.
The various items were produced between May 18, 2014, and May 18, 2015, FSIS said, and were sent to various restaurant locations in Arizona, California, Nevada, Oklahoma, Oregon and Texas to be cooked and served to consumers. No adverse reactions have been reported.
FSIS said the products may contain “Est. 11041” or “P-11041” inside the USDA mark of inspection. The affected items include:
• 54,509 -lb. of “Banh Bao Pork & Egg Steamed Bun.”
• 15,147 -lb. of “Banh Bao Trung Cut Pork & Quail Egg Steamed Bun Vietnamese Style.”
• 55,114 -lb. of “PORK PATE CHAUD (LARGE).”
• 6,016.5-lb. of “PORK PATE CHAUD (SMALL).”
• 50,036-lb. of “CHICKEN PATE CHAUD (LARGE).”
• 6,184.5-lb of “CHICKEN PATE CHAUD (SMALL).”
• 22,812-lb. of “SLICED OIL BROWNED TURKEY PREMIUM BREAST MEAT FULLY COOKED.”
• 2,453.5-lb. of “SLICED SALAMI MEAT with wine FULLY COOKED.”
Additional items subject to recall may contain “Est. 18995” inside the USDA mark of inspection. The items include:
• 222.25-lb. of 4-oz. plastic containers of “FRUIT BEEF JERKY (Kho Bo).”
• 352-lb. of 4-oz. plastic containers of “B.B.Q. BEEF JERKY (Kho Bo).”
• 354-lb. of 4-oz. plastic containers of “Curry BEEF JERKY (Kho Bo).”