AMI Foundation to offer ground meat workshop
Feb. 17, 2012
by Meat&Poultry Staff
WASHINGTON – The AMI Foundation is offering The Ground Meat and Poultry Production for Safety Workshop March 13-14 at the Westin Crown Center, Kansas City, Mo. The workshop will address ground meat and poultry production with a preventative food safety system.
Scheduled session topics include:
- a discussion on the state of the industry; recalls — a review and implications; current practices: raw materials;
- developing a supplier specification; process and product design;
- validation of HACCP systems;
- cooking instruction validation;
- lot and traceability data collection and analysis;
- traceability: a retailer perspective; and
- the future of food safety regulation and more.
The registration fee for this workshop is $545 for members; $495 for three or more members registering from the same company; and $895 for non-members. Space is limited to 60 participants.
More information, registration and ongoing updates are available at the Events/Education section of http://www.meatami.com/.