Slideshow: Aramark adds tacos to arena menus
Oct. 4, 2017
by MEAT+POULTRY Staff
PHILADELPHIA — As the professional basketball and hockey seasons begin, Aramark is breaking out new entrees with the biggest featured item being tacos.
The foodservice company introduced several varieties of tacos on Oct. 3 for patrons to test at various locations across the US. Aramark partners with nine different arenas to provide food and beverage concession services at the home stadiums for the National Basketball Association and the National Hockey League.
“Every year, our culinary team does a great job of developing innovative offerings and incorporating food trends into our arena menus,” said Carl Mittleman, president of Aramark’s Sports and Entertainment division. “The Twisted Taco Trio is an ideal menu addition — they pack a lot of flavor, they’re portable and can be shared. Our guests are in for a great game day treat, whether they try the tacos or any of the other new items on our menus this year.”
Here are a few of the meat and poultry related items that Aramark will sell at some arenas:
- BBQ Pork Flauta will be offered at the Pepsi Center where the Denver Nuggets (NBA) and Colorado Avalanche (NHL) play their games.
- Pork Belly Tacos will be offered at Capitol One Arena which is home to the Washington Wizards (NBA) and Washington Capitals (NHL).
- Pulled Pork Nopales Tacos will be offered at the SAP Center which is home to the San Jose Sharks (NHL).
- Smoked Brisket Taco will be available at Wells Fargo Center which is home to the Philadelphia 76ers (NBA) and Philadelphia Flyers (NHL).
- Smoke’s Soft Chicken Taco will be offered at the Canadian Tire Centre home to the Ottawa Senators (NHL).
- Tejas Taco will be available at AT&T Center which is home to the San Antonio Spurs.
Click for a slideshow of Aramark’s stadium menu offerings.