Moe's, Kellogg launch line of frozen breakfast bowls
June 21, 2017
by MEAT+POULTRY Staff
Search for similar articles by keyword: [Kellogg
The bowls include meats sourced from hormone-free animals.
ATLANTA – Moe’s Southwest Grill and Kellogg Company have developed a line of frozen breakfast bowls inspired by the fast-casual chain’s menu offerings. The frozen breakfast bowls are available nationwide at retailers such as Wal-Mart, Giant Eagle and Wegman’s. Moe’s said the products will be coming soon to other retailers like Kroger and HEB by July.
The bowls retail for $4.49 each and include five varieties:
- Chorizo & Eggs features a blend of fluffy eggs, cilantro lime rice, hormone-free pork chorizo, and black beans with pico de gallo and queso sauce topping.
- Chorizo Benedict includes mild in spice, eggs, Yukon gold potatoes, hormone-free pork chorizo, pico de gallo, jalapeno lime hollandaise and avocado.
- Southwest Vegetarian is a meat-free bowl of eggs, pinto and black beans, cilantro lime rice, salsa verde, roasted tomatillo salsa fresco, queso fresco and avocado.
- Chicken Chilaquiles includes eggs with hormone-free pulled chicken atop a bed of tortilla chips and pinto beans, with salsa, queso and cilantro to seal the deal.
- Huevos Rancheros is a fried egg, corn tortilla and black beans with salsa rojo, pico de gallo and queso fresco on top.
“We are thrilled to increase access to the delicious experience of Moe’s through the debut of Moe’s Breakfast Bowls at supermarkets nationwide,” said Kat Cole, COO and president of FOCUS Brands, the parent company of Moe’s. “The Southwest flavor profile is growing in appeal, but until now, not widely available in the breakfast category. Moe’s Breakfast Bowls are meeting the demand for better-for-you, flavorful options for a high protein breakfast or breakfast-as-snack option.”