Bob Evans introduces summer picnic menu
June 13, 2017
by MEAT+POULTRY Staff
NEW ALBANY, Ohio – Because summertime equals picnic time, Bob Evans restaurants is introducing its Summer Picnic menu. As a part of its summer picnic campaign, the restaurant chain conducted a survey to take a closer look at Americans’ love for picnics.
Bob Evans’ survey of 2,503 Americans found that picnics are about more than just food – 87 percent of respondents loved to picnic because it provided an opportunity to spend quality time with family and friends and 43 percent said it brought back memories of childhood. Thirty percent said June is the best month for a picnic, and 81 percent said the best place to picnic is in a local park. However, even though eating outdoors is an important aspect of a good picnic, 58 percent respondents had staged an indoor picnic in the last year.
“Picnics have a special place in American’s hearts and minds. Wherever our guests choose to enjoy Bob Evans food, our new picnic menu creates a memorable experience that helps families and friends connect while enjoying delicious Summer food,” said Sara Bittorf, senior vice president, CMO of Bob Evans.
Bob Evans’ Summer Picnic menu is available both in restaurant and as a “picnic to go” for a limited time. The Summer picnic menu includes:
- Herb Roasted Chicken: Marinated roasted chicken seasoned with garden herbs, topped with a citrus garden herb sauce and garnished with a fresh cut lemon
- Tomato Cucumber Salad: Ripe fresh cut tomatoes, crisp diced cucumbers, and sweet yellow onions tossed in a champagne vinaigrette
- Homestyle Chicken Tenders: Bob Evans white meat chicken tenders seasoned to perfection and fried to order
- Summer Herb Corn: Sweet corn with diced fresh red and green peppers finished with a citrus garden herb sauce
- Summer Chicken Salad Plate: White meat chicken salad topped with honey roasted pecans, served with grapes, fresh cut melon, bananas, pineapples and strawberries
- Summer Chicken Sliders: White meat chicken salad mixed with grapes and celery on fresh baked signature Bob Evans dinners rolls
- Strawberry Supreme Pie: Rich cream cheese filling topped with a layer of fresh strawberries and finished with whipped topping
- Lemonade Bread: Bob Evans lemonade bread is a twist on a traditional lemon pound cake glazed with lemonade icing
- Strawberry French Toast Bake: Fresh strawberry topping on our French Toast Bake. Served with fresh cut fruit and choice of breakfast meat
In addition, Bob Evans is hosting its “Pop-Up Picnic Tour” in cities around Ohio. On June 15, the tour will arrive at the Public Square in Cleveland from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Bob Evans will offer fun, games and free tastes of the summer picnic menu.