NPB strategy to push pork demand and outreach
by MEAT+POULTRY staff
DES MOINES – The National Pork Board (NPB) is updating its food-chain outreach structure in an effort to stimulate pork demand. The update is part of the organization’s five-year plan to build consumer trust and grow consumer demand through product innovation and design, market research and channel marketing.
“Our strategic plan defines a blueprint for industry success by addressing the changing world facing US pork producers,” said Derrick Sleezer, president of the NPB and a producer from Cherokee, Iowa. “Our marketing effort taps into the emotional connections consumers have with their food and will fuel a fresh dialogue about modern pork production and continuous improvement for the benefit of people, pigs and the planet.”
To that end, the organization has implemented the following staff changes:
• Jarrod Sutton was named vice president of channel marketing, innovation and social responsibility;
• Patrick Fleming was named director of market intelligence and innovation;
• Rob Kirchofer was named director of retail marketing and innovation;
• Stephen Gerike was named director of foodservice marketing and innovation;
• Ceci Snyder will continue to lead domestic marketing, advertising and public relations programs as vice president of consumer marketing; and
• Stacie Schafer was named director of state marketing and consumer insight.