Tyson gives nod to suppliers
April 15, 2015
by MEAT+POULTRY Staff
SPRINGDALE, Ark. – Tyson Foods’ World Headquarters was the scene of celebration as the company recognized eight companies for their contributions to the success of Tyson Foods, Inc. and it’s recent integration of The Hillshire Brands Company.
Donnie Smith, president and CEO, thanked the winners for their hard work driving down costs while driving efficiencies during 2014.
The Supplier of the Year winners are:
• Newly Weds Foods, Inc., a supplier of batters, breadings, coatings, spices and seasonings, based in Chicago
• Zip-Pak, which supplies re-sealable, flexible zipper packages, of Manteno, Ill.
• Hantover Inc., a distributor of personal protection, safety, and janitorial and sanitation supplies based in Overland Park, Kan.
• Hugg & Hall Equipment Co., a regional supplier of industrial rental equipment, of Little Rock, Ark.
• Kerry Ingredients & Flavours, Beloit, Wis. — Innovation Supplier of the Year
• Zones, Inc., an Auburn, Wash. technology solutions provider - Diverse Supplier of the Year
• Midland Industrial Service, Rogers, Ark. — Contractor of the Year, Poultry & Prepared Foods Division
• Reliance Construction of Iowa, Schleswig, Iowa — Contractor of the Year, Fresh Meats Division
“We believe it’s important for us to recognize our top our suppliers, since they’re an important part of our success as a company,” said Melanie Russell, senior vice president of procurement.