Ammonia leak at Koch Foods poultry plant
Dec. 22, 2014
by Meat&Poultry Staff
Search for similar articles by keyword: [Poultry
GAINESVILLE, Ga. – Three people were treated for exposure to ammonia after a leak at a Koch Foods poultry plant, according to news reports. The leak occurred Dec. 19 during the afternoon.
Firefighters arrived on the scene as workers were evacuating the plant. A fire department spokesman said HVAC units were used to remove the ammonia from the building. Plant operations resumed once levels were safe.
News reports state the leak occurred when workers accidently cut an ammonia line. Repairs at the plant are under way.